Kathmandu, May 18
A panel formed to look into the recent controversy in Nepal football has submitted its report to the national football governing body, the All Nepal Football Association.
Although the committee led by former Nepal international Victor Pradhan submitted the report to ANFA General Secretary Indra Man Tuladhar on Wednesday, it has not been made public.
Tuladhar says the report will be made public within a week.
“We will make a decision about it as soon as possible,” he says.
On April 27, 10 players of the national team had left the camp after arguments with their coach Abdullah Al Mutairi. The coach has already called in new players to replace them.
The players since then had been meeting high-ranking officials of Nepali sports pleading their case and asking for action against Al Mutairi, who later wrote to ANFA stating he had forgiven the players who left but was not going to take them to the Asian Cup Qualifiers 2023.